Sunday 3 November 2013

Memories.

Many weeks ago I set about creating a memory holder made from a vintage book. I had only vague ideas of what it was to eventually look like, but with a little bit of effort I quickly finished it.
 
Unfortunately I was so busy in the weeks leading up to the Frome Vintage Fair that I completely forgot to take a picture of my masterpiece. I sold it to my friend over at Vintage Jane, who was so enamoured by my 'book' that she decided to blog about it too! You can find a link to it here.
I therefore decided to create another one...
 
 
I've matched the plain beige cover to a subtly patterned fabric; leaving more of it showing this time to provide a bit more colour. I carefully wrote out a quote from Alice in Wonderland - 'Curiouser and Curiouser' - quite apt don't you think?


 
 
The memories included are a newspaper cutting from 'The Nursing Mirror' circa 1921 and a poem entitled 'The Sweet-Brier Rose'.
 
 
...Miss Jones... 

No comments:

Post a Comment